SUMMER ALL-COMER TRACK MEETS
(ALL ages… yes, parents too!)
Join us for another fun-filled summer of track and field at Grant Park! Kids and adults of all ages are invited to this Portland tradition as Foot Traffic, Portland Parks, and partnering high schools host weekly track meets featuring all kinds of track and field events (see schedule below). Each year nearly 1,500 participants, both young and old, get their track fix at these evening races. Summer All-Comer Track meets begin in June and run through July. Check the updated schedule below. The fun starts with the 60 meters for kids and predict mile and ends with the 4 x 100 relay at 7:45 with many events in between
SUMMER 2019 SCHEDULE
All meets are TUESDAYS at Grant High School (click here for directions). MEETS BEGIN AT 6PM. Registration begins at 5:30pm
- June 18th
- June 25th
- July 2nd
- July 9th
ORDER OF EVENTS
Events are on a rolling start beginning at 6PM.
- Field events throughout evening starting at 6pm and include turbo javelin, shot put, high jump, long jump.
- 60 meter dash for 10 and under
- 100 meter dash
- Predict Mile (no watches, the person with the closest predicted time wins…not just the fastest!)
- 400 meters
- 800 meters
- 200 meters
- 4x100 Family Relay
I went to my first one last night with 5 kids of different age groups. I want to thank you for putting this event on it was great. The kids were inspired to try new things and more importantly to me, they were all exhausted and slept well! We will look forward to more track meets next summer.
COST & REGISTRATION
- $4 per athlete. $6 for your entire immediate family (kids and parents together!).
- Registration begins approximately 30 minutes before the first race and continues throughout the evening.
- See order of events for when to expect your event to start.
- Registration cost includes unlimited amounts of events each evening.
YOUTH SUMMER CAMPS
Looking for a low-pressure but super fun summer day camp to track for kiddos from 2nd-8th grade? Stay tuned for more information about the first annual Foot Traffic’s Youth Summer Running Camp! 2 weeks long, 3 days a week. Low-cost, includes shirt, headband, fun filled practice sessions! More info coming soon!