5K TrainingMultiple start dates below
- Train for your very first 5K with us or get back in the saddle and get back to 5K shape. Sessions throughout the year, so join in now or check below for the next one!
- Returner rate: $40.
10K TrainingMultiple start dates below
- Train for your very first 10K with us or get back in the saddle and get back to 10K shape. Sessions throughout the year, so join in now or check below for the next one!
- Returner rate: $50.
Half MarathonMultiple start dates below
- Train for your very first Half with us or maintain your fitness with friends! Two sessions per year, so you can join in mid-season or check below for the next one!
- Returner rate: $75.
- Feb. 23rd -April: Suggested goal event is the Hop Hop 5K, but other spring events are welcome!
- May-July 4th: Suggested goal event is the Foot Traffic Flat 5K, but other summer events are welcome!
- Sept. 7th-Oct. 13th: Suggested goal event is the Delta Park Portland Parks 5K, but other events are welcome!
- October 19th-Dec. 8th: Suggested goal event is the Daimler Holiday 5K.
- Feb. 23rd -April: Suggested goal event is the Hop Hop 10K, but other spring events are welcome!
- Sept. 7th-Oct. 26th: Suggested goal event is the Haunted River 10K, but other events are welcome!
- October 26th-Dec. 8th: Continuation of 10K training to train for the Daimler Holiday 10K.
- Feb. 23rd -July 4th: Suggested goal event is the Foot Traffic Flat Half on Sauvie Island, but other events are welcome!
- Sept. 7th-Dec. 8th: Suggested goal event is the Daimler Holiday Half, but other events are welcome!
Introducing the BEST all-women’s training program in Portland for ALL abilities of runners and walkers! Whether you are a woman just trying to start to get active again or you are looking to improve upon your existing fitness, the Foot Traffic Women’s Academy is for YOU! Women of all abilities and ages will be represented in the program and joined by “pace mentors” and coaches for all paces. The program emphasizes developing lifelong running and walking habits, while also helping women meet performance goals. The women’s training program partners with local businesses, fitness professionals, dieticians and physical therapists to help members navigate the world of fitness. With an overall “wellness” focus, this training program goes beyond simply training for a particular event and is a great opportunity to meet with like-minded women to start or maintain a healthy lifestyle. The weekly weekend meetings include tips and discussions from dieticians, trainers, physical therapists, and representatives in the running & walking apparel and footwear industries.
The women’s training Academy serves all levels and abilities starting at age 18 and up to seniors and will have motivating mentors of all ages and running and walking backgrounds. Membership includes a free super-cute women’s specific shirt, professional coaching both for runners and walkers, tons of free gear and exclusive discounts on related gear, organized weekly meetings, as well as weekly schedules delivered via email for each pace group’s specific workout to do on your own. What really separates this program from any other is the unparalleled camaraderie of an all-women’s environment discussing topics and issues of the utmost importance to women of all ages. We can’t wait to see you there, so register now and bring a friend!
Sincerely, The crew at FTWA
Feel free to send an email here to our wonderful coach, Diane Weber with any questions about Women’s Academy!
Foot Traffic Women’s Academy is an official Girls on the Run Solemates partner program! Click on the image above to find out more about Solemates and how you can get a FREE ENTRY to the training program and your goal race by supporting their fundraising efforts and their mission to empower young girls in our community to be strong and confident both physically and mentally.
Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
can't make the first meeting or I may miss some workouts or even the goal event. Is that a problem?
Where and when does this program meet?
I have NO idea what pace I am. How do I know what group to join.
I can't run the whole time, but I'd like to try. Is there a jog/walk combo group?
Do I have to attend every meeting? I'll be gone on certain weekends?
Can a friend show up with me the first day to see if they like it and pay afterward?
Are there weekday workout options?
I'd love to find training partners from this group. How do I do that?
My friend has much more/less experience than me. Do we start at the same mileage?
How do I find out what mileage to do each week? How do you contact me?
Are jogging strollers welcome?
Attention non-profits, schools, businesses, and corporate wellness programs!
Excite your fundraising base and energize your employee wellness through this simple and fun new program! Raising funds and staying fit has never been so easy! Click here for more info. For more info,email firstname.lastname@example.org