OFFICIAL SAUVIE ISLAND ROAD CLOSURE PAGE
OFFICIAL COURSE CLOSURE PAGE
The tradition continues! 20 years of fundraising, over $750,000 raised for the Sauvie Island community. We sincerely appreciate your patience on this one morning each year. One of the responses from participants we hear year after year is how much they LOVE seeing the island residents come out to cheer, spray them down, and support their hard work running a half or full marathon! PLEASE plan your morning commutes or festivities on July 4th accordingly. Delays should be expected, especially from 6:00am-10am.
- Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch. 16511 NW Gillihan Rd, Portland, OR 97231
RACE START TIMES:
- 5:30: Early Start Marathon (10 minutes and over) (5.5 hour time limit, see not above)
- 6:10: Regular start marathon (UNDER 10 MINUTES)
HALF & QUARTER MARATHON:
- 6:30: WAVE 1 (8:30 pace & under)
- 6:32: WAVE 2 (8:30-9:30 pace)
- 6:34: WAVE 3 (9:30-10:30 pace)
- 6:36: WAVE 4 (10:30-11:30 pace)
- 6:38: WAVE 5 (11:30 pace and over)
- 7:10: WAVE 1 (10:30 pace & under)
- 7:12: WAVE 2 (Over 10:30 pace)
ROAD CLOSURES BY TIME/LOCATION:
On July 4 ( 5:30am AM to 11am) , the following traffic modification has been successfully implemented for nearly two decades to accommodate the Foot Traffic Flat which is a fundraiser for various island groups. Our goal is to keep the runners safe and to keep your inconvenience to a minimum.
- The runners use the inside lane on Gillihan Rd., Sauvie Island Rd. and Reeder Road from 5:30am to 11am. This requires traffic to flow counter clockwise for a majority of time during these hours with exceptions noted in the map to the right.
- Sauvie Island Road north of Reeder Rd is open in both directions during the race, we just ask that drivers give the marathoners room.
- Sauvie Island Rd. between the bridge and the Reeder/Sauvie Island Rd. intersection reopens after 8:15am. Reeder and Gillihan Rd. clockwise traffic still remains restricted until approx. 11am, however.
- SEE MAP FOR MORE DETAILS ON TIMING OF ROAD CLOSURES!
- Please note that there is congestion in front of the Pumpkin Patch from 5:15 AM to noon as runners arrive and exit. Lanes are separated by cones with pedestrian crossing assisted by flaggers.