THE FOOT TRAFFIC MISSION
When Foot Traffic opened over 13 years ago, we set out to be more than Oregon’s premiere running & walking shoe stores. Our store was founded on the principle that a small business has a far more salient purpose than simply selling great running shoes, apparel & accessories. Our commitment is to the betterment of our fellow runners and walkers and the community they live in.
At Foot Traffic, we provide expert fitting advice for ANY person that steps in our doors. Walker or runner, fast or slow, each and every one of you deserve a pair of great fitting shoes.
All of Foot Traffic’s staff has been trained to take you through our COMPLIMENTARY VIDEO GAIT ANALYSIS to analyze what shoe works best for your foot. They also have a tremendous amount of experience walking, running, and hiking. Combine this with in-depth knowledge of the shoes we carry and you get a complete experience that will keep you moving down the road or trail with happy feet, legs, hips, bodies, and minds.
Questions about that nagging pain in your knee? Wonder why your achilles is so stiff in the morning? Can’t figure out how to fix that sore heel and arch? At Foot Traffic, we’ve got the answer to these questions and more. Not only is our staff experienced at all levels of running and walking, but we invite podiatrists, physical therapists, and other medical professionals into our store each year to get updates on preventative treatments, new products, wellness advice, and more! If our staff can’t answer your question, we have a great database of resources to send you to.
DIVIDEND ADVANTAGE PROGRAM!
Get rewarded with a dividend check simply for shopping! The EASIEST dividend program you’ll ever find! Here’s how it works:
- Shop as you normally do (all items, including sale items, count towards your dividend total!)
- Get an email stating your dividend total one year from your first purchase
- Use that dividend check on ANYTHING in the store!
- All that’s needed is your name and email and you’re set!
Just another way for us to say “thank you” for your continued patronage!
FOOT TRAFFIC FUN FACTS
- Foot Traffic was first opened in the Fall in 2000 in NE Portland.
- With the new Cedar Mill store, Foot Traffic now has 4 stores, including: NE Portland at 41st & Fremont, Downtown Portland at SW 3rd and Taylor, and Sellwood on SE 13th and Malden.
- Foot Traffic features an artistic installation in all of our stores, including a 10 foot, one-ton chainsaw carving of Sasquatch in Sellwood, a life-size chainsaw carving of Steve Prefontaine in our Downtown store, and a custom built, fully-operational rickshaw (the running kind!) that looks like a Roman chariot and has a built in beer tap and bar off the back.
- Foot Traffic also features a hidden beer tap in each store’s shoe displays. Each store features a sponsored micro-brewery, including Lompoc, Breakside, New Belgium, Fort George, and Deschutes (and soon to be more!). Beer is offered free to of-age participants at all of our free weekly group runs and walks, as well as at key special events (and staff meetings).
- Foot Traffic employees about 20 full and part time employees, offers medical benefits, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, and beer benefits.
- Foot Traffic is the only local running store to offer youth and community track and XC programs such as our low-to-zero-cost All-comer track and cross-country meets for all ages through the spring, summer, and fall. We also offer low-to-zero-cost youth track and cross country clubs in the spring and fall. Our commitment is to expanding access to the sport, no matter the time and cost!
- Foot Traffic’s shoe walls are made out of reclaimed 2x4’s from the Rebuilding Center. Don’t get a splinter!
- Foot Traffic donates nearly $75,000 each and every YEAR to the local community through our races and donations to charities and schools. We love doing it! Some of our main beneficiaries past and current include: Harper’s Playground, Sauvie Island Fire Department and the Sauvie Island community at-large, The Freshwater Trust, The Fanconi Anemia Research Foundation, St. Vincent de Paul of Portland, and a ton of local schools!
- Co-owner and COO of Foot Traffic, Sean Rivers and his wife, Emily, have 3 young daughters that are already starting to participate in Foot Traffic’s All-comer track meets! Some fun facts about Sean: He comes from a family with four older sisters, has a dog named Maeby, and four hens…also known as hens (Pinky, Stoli-bird, and Sylvie). He competed in XC and track in college in the great state of Alaska at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Co-owner, David Pietka, is a University of Oregon grad and fervent Duck supporter. Some information you may not know about him: He has over 40 years of experience in the real estate appraisal business, lives in NE Portland right near Grant High School, and has two daughters and a son, and competed in the long jump and triple jump in college. Ask him about accordions the next time you see him!