All-Comer Cross Country:
BACKGROUND: For over 15 years, Foot Traffic has been hosting and sponsoring youth & adult track and cross country races in the Portland Metro area. Our goal has always been to introduce the sport to as many people as possible with an emphasis on participation and education over intimidating practice schedules.
When Portland Parks and Recreation and Foot Traffic instituted it’s first all comer cross country meet at Overlook Park, our goal was to serve those young athletes that either didn’t have the means to participate, or simply didn’t know about the sport. So whether your young athlete is a returning runner or a first-time jogger, they are sure to exit the meets feeling excited and enthusiastic about the sport!
2018 MEET DATES
*PIL schools combining with these meets.
- 4:30-5:00pm: Registration
- 5:00pm: 1,500m (Grade 3,4 coed)
- 5:13pm: 2,000m (Grade 5,6 coed)
- 5:29pm: 3,000m (Grade 7,8 boys)
- 5:45pm: 3,000m (Grade 7,8 girls)
$3 for youth
HOW TO REGISTER?
Pre-register and save time before the meet starts by printing this form and dropping it off and paying at any Foot Traffic store before the meet. No need to check in at the meet if you do this! In additon, you can use this form to pre-pay for your team in any of our stores to save you time on race day. Just attach a list of all your athletes attached to this form with a check paying for the team and save time on meet days!
Participants may also show up to Overlook Park 20-30 minutes before the race (schedule above) and head to the Foot Traffic tent to fill out a waiver and pay for the entry (cash only please!). It is recommended you pre-register to save you time given that it helps alleviate any lines or congestion.
FOOT TRAFFIC XC CLUB INFO:
Click here for more details on our twice-per-week cross country club. Starts Sept. 5th.XC YOUTH CLUB INFO
FOOT TRAFFIC CHAMPIONSHIP MEET INFORMATION:
Please read instructions below carefully for this event:
- BUS drop-off for students should be done on Overlook Blvd., just North of the park (click for a map). The main entrance gets too crowded for large groups of students to be dropped off and this allows buses to park within the neighborhood as they wait for the next hour. Please obey all neighborhood parking rules.
- Overflow parking will take place in the Kaiser lot on the EAST side of Interstate, just across the street from the park (click here for map).
- Registration begins at 4:15pm. We will have waivers and forms there.
- Medals to the top three boys and girls in each age group. Ribbons to all participants!
- Team trophies awarded by grade and by gender. Trophies are awarded that day at the end of the event.
- 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 grade normal races will follow on our normal schedule
- Email email@example.com with any questions