SUMMER 2023 ANNOUNCED!
Welcome to Foot Traffic’s YOUTH SUMMER RUNNING CAMPS! We are so excited to continue our affordable and fun youth spring and fall clubs into the summer! Choose a single week or all of them! Each week has a different theme and programming. Don’t forget, we have sibling rates too! All practices are from 9-11am, include a club shirt, coaching, & discounts to Foot Traffic!
- NORTHEAST (Grant Park)
- SOUTHEAST (Sellwood Park)
- WEST SIDE (Terra Linda Park)
WHAT TO EXPECT
A low-pressure & super-fun GAME BASED approach to running for young athletes grade 1-8! Sure, we’ll take the kiddos running, but it’s beyond just logging miles & sweating away the summer. Our program focuses on instilling joy & enthusiasm for running & building knowledge and appreciation. Here’s what to expect.
- Each week features a different theme to keep the content new and fresh for those athletes and families looking to participate in more than one camp.
- Intro to workout structures, including proper stretching, warm-ups, and basic workout terminology.
- Basic nutrition concepts for helping fuel your run.
- Games centered around running to make it fun!
- During main activities, we usually split the age groups up more to create more balance with abilities.
Our coaches collectively have decades of experience leading all ages and abilities. We also have assistant coaches from area high school XC & track programs to add excitement & knowledge. Our ideal ratio is 15-20 athletes to 1 coach.
EXAMPLE SCHEDULE & TIPS FOR CAMP WEEKS:
We know that some of your young athletes will be first-timers and may feel a little unprepared. Here are the basics of what to expect and bring:
- 8:50am-9:00am: Check in.
- 9:05am-9:10am: Introductions, discussion of plans for the morning.
- 9:10am-9:25am: Warm up and plyometrics
- 9:25-9:40am: Ice-breaker games.
- 9:40am-10:10am: First running-themed games.
- 10:10am-10:20am: Snack and break and talk.
- 10:20am-11:00am: Second set of running games.
- 11am-11:10am: Water break and talk.
- 11:10am-11:30am: Extra strength workouts or games and check out.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sunscreen and a hat.
- Large water bottle.
- Snack if you have dietary restrictions. We offer small snacks each day as well.
- Use bathroom before, ideally. Bathroom availability in parks can be inconsistent.
- Properly-fit, well-made running shoes (10% off at Foot Traffic for all registrants and their parents)
- NOTE: If your child or anyone in your household is sick, we ask that you stay home during any symptomatic periods.
- Clothes that are good for warm weather, but also with layers. It can rain even in the summer, so a layer approach is good so you can peel stuff off as you get warm.
2023 CAMP DATES and DETAILS:
COST: $84 per session.
SIBLING DISCOUNTS! Any sibling can sign up for a session at the reduced rate of $58 as long as one sibling pays the regular price!
MULTIPLE CAMP DISCOUNT! Sign up for two or more camps at one time and enter coupon code “MULTIPLE” before you choose your registration tickets for 10% off! (Note: This does not include siblings signing up for the same camp. This discount is provided through the sibling discount ticket option!)
REDUCED OR FREE WAIVERS! We want to reduce barriers to entry and keep all kids active. If you or someone you know can’t afford to register, contact us and we can waive or reduce fees. Inquire by calling the store or emailing here!
WEST SIDE (Terra Linda Park):
- CAMP 1: June 26th-30th, 9am-11:30am, “Nutty about running!” Introduction to the nuts and bolts of running. Grades 1-8.
- CAMP 2: August 14th-18th, 9am-11:30am, “CARD BLAST & RELAYS!” All workouts will feature running games with playing card themes & relays! Grades 1-8.
NORTHEAST (Grant Park):
- CAMP 1: June 19th-23rd, 9am-11:30am, “Nutty about running!” Introduction to the nuts and bolts of running. Grades 1-8.
- CAMP 2: July 17th-21st, 9am-11:30am, “RELAYS & RACES!” Each day will integrate relay games. Grades 1-8
- CAMP 3: August 7th-11th, 9am-11:30am, “CARD BLAST!” All workouts will feature running games with playing card themes! Grades 1-8.
SOUTHEAST (Sellwood Park):
- CAMP 1: June 19th-23rd, 9am-11:30am “Nutty about running!” Each day will integrate relay games. Grades 1-8
- CAMP 2: July 24th-28th, 9am-11:30am, “RELAYS & RACES!” Each day will integrate relay games. Grades 1-8
- CAMP 3: August 14th-18th, 9am-11:30am, “CARD BLAST!” All workouts will feature running games with playing card themes! Grades 1-8.